PLEASE NOTE: I will not be taking on any Newborn or Maternity Photoshoots from September 2016 - May 2017 due to wedding season.
Those first couple of weeks after your precious baby is born are some of the most important. Changes happen fast and they grow so quickly, before you know it they are running around the back yard. It is vital to capture them and their tiny details at this early stage.
Newborn photography is very unique. You have to be a baby whisperer to get the baby to sleep quickly and easily, know how to pose the baby safely and carefully to capture those oh-so-cute sleepy shots. I have taken several workshops to ensure I know the ins and outs of newborn photography safety, how to settle them as quickly as possible, and how to pose your baby to give you shots you will want to look at over and over again.
You session is best from 3 - 14 days old. This is considered their "sleepy" period and are often easier to settle around this age.
I take on a few different approaches for my newborn photography:
- Contemporary/Modern - those posed sleepy newborn shots that are to die for.
- Lifestyle - while you are feeding, cuddling, playing or talking to your new baby I love to catch those in-between moments, often they are the most natural momentsthat people love to see.
- Family and Sibling - you will also want stunning family shots to remember, as well as include any siblings.
Please take note that every baby is different, they go through growth spurts, have bad days like you and me. Be prepared that we may not get all those posed sleepy shots that you see, I will do everything I can to get numerous stunning shots. If your baby does not feel like co-operating and we need to cut the session short, be assured we can book in for another day.
If you do not want family and/or sibling shots, please let me know ahead of time so I can properly prepare for your session.
My packages have been carefully designed in order to present you with a little bit of everything.
- Matte Prints - in years to come you will admire your prints, whether you choose to hang them, or give away to family members as gifts.
- Canvas - there is always that ONE shot, that makes you say "WOW" you will want to hang this on your wall, you will look at it for years to come and the memories will come flooding back.
- Album - they are a special way to keep numerous images from your newborn session, something you can look through when the moment calls.
- Digital Files - so you can upload your files to your social media accounts, or email to share with your friends and family.